Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Happy Birthday Party


We felt so guilty for being gone on Andrew's second birthday that we decided to invite 30 of his closest friends over for a party. Well, it wasn't quite like that but, history has a way of changing itself, even if it was only two weeks ago!

The truth is Michael and I went away for a few days to good ole' Prove. The company that Michael works for encouraged him to interview at "the BYU" to see if there were any great students that they could hire. So, we begged Andrew's favorite babysitter Lisa and her husband to stay with the boys for three days and we flew to Utah. We had a much needed break and saw so many of our dear friends.

The morning after we flew home, Michael's parent's arrived on a red-eye (bless their hearts!) to spend a few days with us. We did feel a bit guilty missing Andrew's official birthday, but certainly made up for it with a fun little bash. He has been really in to Elmo and Cookie Monster lately, so we surprised him with enormous cakes sporting his favorite Sesame Street characters.

We ate cake for an entire week after the party . . . the cakes were enormous!

I still get surprised when I realize that I have a two year old. Where does the time go?

We love you Andrew. Happy 2nd Birthday!

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Jen,
Did you make those cakes? They're awesome!

Jen said...

No way! I thought about it, but the baker at my favorite market offered to make them for me! They were so yummy and I certainly couldn't have made them turn out that cute!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! HOW FUN...30 of his closest friends? Sounds like quite a bash! I love the cakes!

Nicki said...

You are so good that way! Making friends where ever you go! By the way, I made an elmo cake last year for my 2 year old and it looked really cute, but it didn't taste very good. Maybe someday I'll master cute and yummy!

Anna Packard said...

I can't believe you have a two year old either! That just shows how long it has been since we've seen each other! I miss you girl! Your sons are beautiful! I am sure you are such an amazing mom! I'm sorry I missed you when you were in Provo!