Monday, February 11, 2008

Piano with Grandma


Cheryl has done a wonderful job encouraging all of her children to be musically talented. All of them sing beautifully and I am pretty sure that all of them--at one point or another--play a musical instrument. It has been wonderful to watch Andrew's love for music grow while we've been with Michael's parents. He constantly begs Grandma to play the piano and sing "Jumbo Elephant" or other favorites with him. Cheryl is quite talented on the piano . . . so when dad tries to play for Andrew--it just isn't good enough!

I have always had a desire to learn how to play the piano, so watching these two share a love for children's music has fueled my desire. I am so intimidated by reading music and learning the keys on the piano. I guess, just like everything in life, you just have to take things one step at a time. Does anyone know a good piano teacher?

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Some of my best memories growing up are sitting at the piano and singing w/my mom as we waited for Dad to come home. There is something about it that is magical - I'm so glad Andrew gets to experience it too! Miss you guys...

Julianne said...

Oh my, oh my. That first pic of Andrew looking at Grandma is PRICELESS. Blow it up. Frame it. Hang that on your fridge FOREVER. SO cute.